ALHYDRAN medical after-care
There is growing awareness of the importance of good medical after-care of the skin immediately after closure of the wound. ALHYDRAN has been developed specifically for the delicate skin that forms when the wound closes. On this page you’ll find more information on ALHYDRAN, what ALHYDRAN is and how to use it.
Indications for ALHYDRAN:
ALHYDRAN is a medical gel cream that has been specially developed for treatment of newly closed, delicate, damaged skin.
- After-care of burns
- After-care following radiotherapy
- Treatment of scars
- After-care of skin transplants, donor sites
- Treatment of dry skin (e.g. around chronic wounds)
- After-care following laser treatment
- Treatment of itching and dry to very dry skin
- Treatment of dry to very dry skin under therapeutic stockings
- After-care of damaged skin after peelings and keratosis treatment
How ALHYDRAN works 1,2,3
- ALHYDRAN prevents and reduces itching and redness of the skin
- ALHYDRAN makes the skin supple, helping to treat and prevent unsightly scars
- ALHYDRAN increases the flexibility of the skin, so it is better protected
- ALHYDRAN prevents and treats dry, irritated and delicate skin, so the skin is better protected
1.Two years of experience with a new product for hydration of Burn Scars. EBA Congress 2007; S. Monstrey, MD, PhD, Burns Centre UZ Gent
2. “Itching, is there a remedy?”, a pilot study with a rehydration gel-crème in burn patients. EBA 2007; H.J. van Kempen, RN; Burns Centre Rijnmond Zuid Rotterdam
3. Effect of scar treatment products on unpleasant physical manifestations in patients suffering from extensive burn scarring. DAV Congres 2010; H. Ziegenthaler, Dr, Med; Moritz Clinic, Burns Rehabilitation Centre, Bad Klosterlausnitz.
What is ALHYDRAN made of?
ALHYDRAN is a concentrated medical gel cream with a highly effective moisture-regulating effect that has been specially developed for treating newly closed, delicate skin. ALHYDRAN forms a protective coating on the outermost layer of the skin (stratum corneum) and speeds up the repair of newly-closed, damaged skin.
ALHYDRAN combines the strength of:
- Freshly processed, pure aloe vera gel (Aruban Aloe barbadensis) and
- High-quality oils and ingredients such as jojoba oil, vitamin E and vitamin C
- ALHYDRAN is fragrance-free, skin-friendly and is not tested on animals
Clinically tested & case studies
ALHYDRAN was developed and extensively tested for the after-care of burns patients at the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Burns Centre at the Ghent University Hospital in Belgium.
How to use ALHYDRAN
- Apply ALHYDRAN at least three times daily, or when the skin feels itchy, dry or irritated.
- Apply ALHYDRAN thinly and rub in gently until it is fully absorbed into the skin.
- Do not apply ALHYDRAN on open wounds.
- Do not use ALHYDRAN if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
A feature of ALHYDRAN is that it is absorbed into the skin very quickly after applying. This makes ALHYDRAN ideal for use in combination with elastic stockings, pressure clothing, silicone therapy, etc..
Before putting on:
About 15 minutes before putting on stockings, compression clothing or silicone dressings, treat the skin with ALHYDRAN (remove any surplus gel cream after 15 minutes with a dry cloth).
Treat the skin with ALHYDRAN immediately after removing the pressure or compression clothing or silicone dressing.
For professionals, doctors and paramedics
If you would like to receive further information or samples, please complete the form below.